Featured 2017 Civic Type R Prototype Caught Testing At The Ring

Discussion in 'Honda Industry News' started by webby, Oct 13, 2015.

1. webby

webby Staff Administrator

2017 Honda Civic Type R Testing At The Nurburgring

[​IMG]

These could be the first spy photos of the Honda Civic Type R sedan : the 2017 Civic Type R was caught at the Nurburgring dressed in what appears to be the final body. There are many aesthetic and technical elements that tell the identity of the car: the front splitter, an aerodynamic wing mounted near the rear window, and a curious exhaust system with three outputs. Under the hood should pulsate the same 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder VTEC of the Civic in 2 volumes, but it is possible that the sedan the total power can exceed 310 hp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many other shots & much larger versions are available in the 10thcivic.com gallery

nomar06 likes this.
  2. webby

[​IMG]

Some rough image work makes it look like the front hood is the same as the standard sedan. The upper grill even fits almost identically from what I can see. The pic I used had the touring LED headlamps and the R looks to have a single projector headlamp. The lower grill is definitely different & adds a chin spoiler. The fog light cutout looks to be different as well & it has a vertical air vent pushed out towards the side (looks like). I just hope they go with black...or color matched paint instead of the chrome look.

Thoughts?

10th side1.jpg

I understand this is crude, but my goal was to see if door panels, windows, and other pieces would match off the sedan. I didn't have 2 pictures that were at the exact angle, but it's really interesting that everything was matching up almost perfectly. I didn't have a good shot with the front fender/hood to overlay, but the other pieces matched on the body lines. So, it essentially looks like they took a 4 door sedan and made it a full hatchback design. There were clear body line cuts around the rear lift gate. I'm going to say the doors are going to be off the sedan. The front fender is definitely unique with the air ducting or whatever you'd like to call it behind the front wheel. Very "wrx/sti" in looks. The euro R has the same flares.

[​IMG]

FooBird likes this.
  3. FooBird

FooBird New Member

I like it. Good job with the photo acquisition there and the Photoshop overlay.

webby likes this.
  4. webby

thanks foo